Sunday, January 17, 2010

from out of the shadows she walks like a dream

the tennis goal of the year!
my own - to get myself behind some direct tv in time for roland garros.
watching three of the four slams with multi-cams will be enough for me... tonight/tomorrow starts the au.open... and tennis for the year.

let's start with the ladies!!
what does it say when six of the top ten ladies last names end with an a:
(to me) it says this is good stuff.
mostly russian and blonde and even a fellow pole.
i have a few favorites but i am still behind safina (not pictured) - i think she's going to give serena a run for her money this year... and being twenty-eight hundred points behind it's gonna be a helluva run!

the men are always a tricky subject for me.
i have too many favorites to pick just one... because there's the guy i think that would look good with his face been my thighs, the guy i think would look better with me on me knees, the guy i wanna feel pressed up against my ass and then the guy to pound his grand slam in all my opens - so i'm not a sports writer - but i am a sports fan.
i know exactly what it feels like (as tm was bitching about) to tape or watch the game/match on tape delay to only have it ruined it for you after you get your favorite drink and "whatever" ready (for me these days it's diet ginger ale and skittles).

sports have been earmarks in areas of my life that i'll never forget:
i conceived zrg during a polish loss to korea republic in 2002 - we had woken up pretty early (stayed up late) - to watch it and that's the exact night it happen.
i went into labor with him during the pole shootout in february 2003 ....
i got engaged when the columbus blue jackets visited the devils for the first time on december 27, 2000 at the game.
watching that epic federer/nadal wimbleton match....

i'm just saying that sports isn't about the win/loss only - it's like life (go with me on this) - preparing and showing up is 99percent what it takes it - when you get there you let your hp show you the result and you go home satisfied that you did your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment