Friday, March 19, 2010

i only wish the good times would last a little longer

a couple words.
fuck. awesome.

so - we were pretty early on the mountain. my pocketwatch-thing read thirty-seven degrees at eight and i guess that was it.
i had about twenty-five pounds of junk in my pack - but three ounces of a camera i forgot in the car (best believe i heard about this only for two minutes - nick didn't ride me about it - instead we took mental pictures and laughed all day except when i winced for a medical evacuation.)

everything including the rock scramble and the rise to the summit were challenging but totally doable. i wouldn't climb this mountain if you're new to hiking - but it gave me such a sense of accomplishment.
i can see why the hiking guides might give it a low score on the solitude factor - but they need to visit during the week and in march - because besides a few hardcore peeps - we had a lot of room.
if i didn't have a great hiking partner, gloves, layers and a gallon and a half of water id've been fucked. but i had all that and will head back pretty soon.
the snafu that involved me begging for a helicopter or a rescue was due to the fact that i bumped my chin on a rock in this tunnel thing - and it felt like i bit my tongue in half. as a matter of fact i think i prolly needed a stitch or two but that became secondary.
now - i think it's too late.

the peak is another trail that is in the snp - it's a 16 mile plus hike that has a difficulty of a six. so that's going to be worked into the schedule (hopefully the 30th will be a nice day.)
next time i'm going to bring my camera or give me death.

nb brought me a present - a tshirt that says "bitch is the new black" - but i don't know too many places i can wear that and not offend children. i'm a little bit conservative - not because we're in the biblebelt or anything - but offensive shirts is just not so me anymore. except this which i need in my life.

tomorrow bright and fucking early is richmond, richmond, richmond - and then work. sunday will start my voyage into the horrorfest 4 movies (i already watched the final and most of kill theory.)
and the weekend of easter i'll be here - doing this. that's a twenty mile hike - in two days but the camping i hear is awesome and i need that in my life too.


No comments:

Post a Comment