Sunday, May 9, 2010

so caught up in you little girl

i was thinking about that last picture - and beckham is obviously a soccer player - so when he's told to get up and mount the headboard - there's no relation to the pitch there so i was wondering what's going through his mind.

obviously the picture is old - tattoos are a gift for that - but seriously is he thinking 'wtf am i doing?"

(if you're a photoshopper you should totally put me underneath him in that picture)

so it's mother's day - thank you to those that wished me a pleasant one - it was - indeed! i took my mom with me - where i wanted to spend time with my kids - i admit i wanted to spend time with my mom.
we had fun - we picniced, played and parked - it was a blast.

i got hooked up too - jericho and vinnie made me bath salts in school and braeden made me a broach and all of them made me (and my mom) cards - oh yeah - i got hooked with a sephora card too (and flowers from my bf(?) wishing he could see me with my kids).
double wow.

so that started the day off and flying kites and long kisses goodbye (and um, informing jdg that bret michaels was topical the last couple of weeks or so) to end the day. i give it a ten. but on the way home i was trying to think of the best part of being a mom. and it's probably the worst part too - but my answer would be the surprises.

today while i was wrestling with zrg - he kissed my tattoo on my back and said that not only was i the coolest mom ever but he loved every single thing about me.
sigh. but that leaves the anxiety. the day you have your first kid - no one tells you about the anxiety that comes with it. imagine in your head every single moment of every day that bad things are going to happen - the phone rings and your heart just stops. you can't imagine it and then you double and triple and then quadrupole that shit with each one.

and then adding years and that multiplies it too - all of a sudden you're just a ball of nerves waiting for the shoe to drop or for the kisses that come too.
unexpectedly - or when they see a dog in the park and they hide behind your legs.

that's the trade off - but it's worth it.
then you're driving down the road thinking of the perfect songs to dance to for mother/son dances at their weddings. i never knew any of that before they got here - i doubt that i'll ever forget those seconds before i heard them make those first noises - or found out there were two - or that they all were boys - i'm forever in debt to them and they have no idea.


*that's miss virginia! fuck yeah it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment